Leo Center for Caring
Providing highly compassionate care at the end of life is one of the most critical things we do. Our Leo Center for Caring gives people a home-like atmosphere of dignity, sensitivity and comfort when it matters most. With specialized hospital equipment and a highly trained staff, we provide patients and their families a cherished opportunity for closeness.
St. Ann’s Community and Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester and Monroe County, Inc. (VNS) partnered to create the Leo Center for Caring, a 10-bed inpatient care center for patients needing short-term hospice and palliative care. The center is located on the St. Ann’s Irondequoit campus, in the new Wegman Transitional Care Center building.
The Leo Center for Caring is the first of its kind in Rochester to be located in a skilled nursing facility. Patients requiring specialized care are welcomed from the local community and from area hospitals.
- Private rooms that feel like home
- TV, telephone, CD player and private bathroom with shower in each room
- Physician supervision and coverage available for each patient
- Around-the-clock visiting privileges for family members
- Food service available for family members
- Comfortable living area with kitchen
- Computers with internet access
- Overnight accommodations for family members
- Special support services available as needed
Staffed with Caring and Committed Professionals
The Leo Center for Caring provides the expert care that a terminally ill patient needs. Our multi-disciplinary approach assures that we can always accommodate the changing needs of patients and their loved ones—with both the highest level of skill, and the greatest amount of compassion.
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Home Health Aides
- Pastoral and Counseling Professionals
Contact the Leo Center for Caring at (585) 787-8315.