Welcome to St. Ann's Community volunteer program. We have volunteer opportunities on both campuses in Irondequoit and Webster as well as at our adult day care sites. Volunteers play an integral role in providing support to our residents and staff in various capacities. Our volunteers have many faces and skill levels: adults, retirees, teens, students, and groups seeking community service opportunities. Volunteers provide essential and meaningful support in many areas and departments.
- Recreation therapy and activities: special and seasonal events, daily programs, music appreciation, crafts and ceramics, shopping, and field trips.
- Pastoral care: spiritual support by assisting residents to chapel for church services, Mass, and weekend services; Communion Ministers and Lectors.
- Gift shops: We have three!
- Libraries: organizing and helping residents with book selections, reading preferences, and on-line resources.
- Friendly visiting: one-on-one or in small groups.
- One time group volunteering.
I Love What I Do!
- Joan volunteers on Tuesdays at the Irondequoit Campus and has been doing so for over 30 years. She visits with residents whom may not have family living nearby and helps them with various needs such as addressing cards, taking them to the cafe and Mass. Occasionally, she also helps with resident outings at Cherry Ridge as well. Residents enjoy Joan's friendship and look forward to seeing her every week.
- Nora has been volunteering Cherry Ridge for 7 years. She visits with residents, helps with crafts, assists with various luncheons, and even sets up and hosts High Tea! She loves a party and helps with most special events such as concerts and birthday parties. Everyone enjoys Nora’s company.
- Teen volunteer siblings, Alyx and Jayson, volunteer summers at the Irondequoit and Webster Campus helping with picnics and summer strolls. All residents enjoy visiting with this young "dynamic duo".